Wednesday, June 13, 2007

71. You don't know it if you can't write clearly about it

My marketing professor at McGill University used to say: "You don't master a subject if you can't lecture about it."

I'm easier than him. I would say that you don't master a subject if you can't write about it on ONE sheet of paper.

Test yourself: think of a subject that you really master. Now, write a paragraph about it. Make sure that paragraph captures the most valuable knowledge you have regarding that subject matter.

Here's my secret, which I'll freely share with you: If you can write a paragraph, then you can write a chapter. If you can write a chapter, you can write a book. If you can write a book, then you can create a workshop and make easy money like I do right now. (Oh, and I'm meeting a few licensing agents to sell my intellectual capital on a yearly basis so I can make money while I'm sleeping).

The truth is, it's easier than ever to make money, especially with Mister Internet as your 24/7 publisher!

But you know what stops people from becoming rich? Prejudice. They have something against writing. Yet, until they write down ONE paragraph (that's not too much to ask, isn't it?!), they will never understand how other people have become so rich by simply sharing their knowledge (Anthony Robbins, Robert Allen, Jay Abraham, Joe Vitale, etc.).

To get rich, one must get serious. And the first step is to write down on a piece of paper what you know. Next, share it with the entire world (via a blog).

Coming up next: How to work ONCE and collect money FOREVER.

No comments: