Monday, April 2, 2007

68. Why you should number your posting

There are websites where you can get paid for sharing your knowledge, such as Kasamba or Bitwine.

However, these sites assume that you have already done the important task of organizing your knowledge in a way that enables, encourages or helps people to ask you better questions.

This is why I recommend that you number your postings, as I do on this blog. This way, people can just email you or call you, and ask: "Your posting #68 sounds intriguing, can you tell me more about it?"

A second reason why I number my postings is that the numbering somehow drives me to write more. The increasing numbers make me feel like I've got some momentum, and this encourages me psychologically to keep on writing so as to get to #100, then #200, etc.

I have one blog where I wrote 1,000 postings, and another where I reached 530. It sure feels great!

No comments: